We would like to clarify one section of our previous email titled “Update on COVID Management“.
Please pay particular attention to the changes made below, we have updated our COVID Management Protocol with RED disclaimers for certain symptoms.
What are the Symptoms Compatible with COVID?
COVID-compatible symptoms include:
- fever (100.0 degrees or higher)
- runny nose or nasal congestion (only when in combination with other symptoms)
- Unless your child has been sent home from school for this symptom, and requires a visit or testing before returning.
- sore throat
- shortness of breath or chest pain
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- headache (when in combination with other symptoms)
- fatigue (when in combination with other symptoms)
- body aches
- loss of taste or smell
- unexplained rash (when in combination with other symptoms)
- Unless rash on toes, classic of COVID Toe symptoms.
If you or your child is experiencing a symptom listed above with (when in combination with other symptoms) written next to it, these symptoms alone do not necessarily warrant testing. If you are experiencing multiple symptoms, or a symptom listed above without a disclaimer next to it, please call our office.
We apologize for the confusion,
All of us at Westwood-Mansfield Pediatric Associates