We have been serving children and their families since 1957.
At Westwood-Mansfield Pediatric Associates, we are dedicated to a caring, compassionate, and competent team approach to the healthcare of patients from infancy to young adulthood. We partner with families to provide the best possible care for every child and we strive for continuous quality improvement in all that we do. Our offices are located in Westwood, Mansfield and Easton Massachusetts.
We are committed to educating children and their parents about all aspects of health and development. Education is accomplished during office visits, as well as through handouts, newsletters, and this website. We present community educational forums throughout the year on topics as varied as Anxiety, Concussions, the Adolescent Brain, and Learning Challenges in Children with Congenital Heart Disease.
In addition to routine pediatric care, we are pleased to offer on site an Education Care Coordinator (to help with school and academic issues), a Medical Care Coordinator (to help families with special health care needs), a Behavioral Health Clinician (for short and medium-term treatment of anxiety, depression and other mental health concerns), a Nutritionist, and Lactation Consultants. We also utilize nurse specialists to assist in the management of asthma, ADHD, and behavioral health needs. Lastly, we offer Travel Consults, Concussion Baseline testing (ImPACT Tests), and Prenatal Yoga classes.
Our dedication to quality has been noted in the pediatric health care community. We are affiliated with Boston Children’s Hospital through the Pediatric Physicians’ Organization at Children’s Hospital (the PPOC). One of our senior physicians sits on the Board of Directors of the PPOC and is actively involved in quality improvement for pediatric practices throughout Massachusetts. Our Mansfield office is the only group practice in the PPOC in a 20 mile radius.
We were one of 40 private practices across the nation picked for a series on Quality Improvement in the primary care office setting. Recent independent evaluations by the Massachusetts Healthcare Quality Partners ranked us 4 out of 4 stars in well baby care, physician communication, and healthcare promotion.
We look forward to meeting you and your child, and are happy to answer any questions. We feel truly privileged to be a part of the lives of so many wonderful families.
We Strive to Educate and Empower Parents.
We are a group that has received 4 out of 4 stars for our efforts to educate parents and children. We do this through:
- having certified lactation consultants available to you.
- a system of written management plans to manage asthma, ADHD, acne, or weight management issues.
- programs to empower parents to better manage illness better at home and thus save money on emergency room visits (and even office co-pays) such as the home rapid strep program, and written protocols to help if your child were to have croup or an asthma attack. We have a section on YouTube with topics such as these and more to review.
- community involvement through education seminars presented, charitable donations, and public health advocacy.
- having parent involvement (through our Medical Home Team) to give feedback and advise us on areas where we can better serve you.
- offering an on staff Education Care Coordinator who not only updates all our literature but also is able to help you and your child navigate the school special education system if difficulties begin.
- having a Medical Care Coordinator who specializes in helping children with special needs.
- our significant involvement with the Pediatric Physicians’ Organization at Children’s Hospital Boston, the second largest and one of the most highly respected pediatric groups for excellence in the nation. We are actively involved in collaborations with specialists at Children’s.